Through our resources and outreach work, we aim to make individuals, community groups and organisations more aware of their environmental rights and the areas for policy and law reform.
- FAQs – our ‘frequently asked questions’ provide basic information on key environmental issues
- Guides – our guides on environmental law are useful for detailed information
- Voices for justice – these blogs give voice to the lived experience of people across Scotland fighting environmental injustices
- Briefings & reports
- Webinars & presentations
For specific legal advice, please use the enquiry form
September 2021: watch our 4-minute presentation on why the human right to a healthy environment should be included in the Human Rights (Scotland) Bill, given at the Glasgow People’s Health Inquiry.
April 2022: listen to Shivali, our Chief Officer talking to Kezia Dugdale on the University of Glasgow Spotlight – The public policy and political process podcast.
March 2022: listen to Cornell, our Rights Officer talking about our rights work on the Common Weal Policy podcast.
Briefings & reports
- Equal rights of appeal and access to justice , August 2022. You can also read our formal communication to the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee.
- Advocacy Manifesto – An enforceable human right to a healthy environment, December 2021. Or you can just read our one-page Summary of Recommendations.
- Recommendations for a plan of action on judicial expenses, November 2021
- Why Scotland needs an environmental court or tribunal, October 2021
- Commissioned by the Human Rights Consortium Scotland, the relationship between our right to a healthy environment and three other rights:
- How the human right to a healthy environment advances the rights of disabled people – joint briefing with Inclusion Scotland, September 2021
- How the human right to a healthy environment advances our right to health, September 2021
- The relationship between the human right to a healthy environment and the right to food, September 2021
- Human right to healthy environment – summary joint briefing with Scottish LINK, March 2021
- Human right to healthy environment – full joint briefing with Scottish LINK , March 2021
Webinars & presentations
- May 2022: we presented to the Advisory Board to the Human Rights Bill on The human right to a healthy environment: What it is and why it matters.
- January 2022: we were delighted to be the first to present to the Equality and Human Rights Portfolio Group. Facilitated by Inspiring Scotland, we presented a webinar on Environmental human rights. It was great to begin exploring the intersection between environmental human rights and the equality groups that are represented or supported by other organisations from the portfolio.